My boyfriend wants me to stop taking money from my child’s father


Dear MUB,

I am currently in a relationship with the father of my second son. A few months ago, the father of my first born got baptized and now he wants to take on his responsibility as a father.  He has been sending between $600usd – $900usd for me to take care of our child and help me out with my other responsibilities.

However, my current boyfriend who has been out of a job for the past 7 months is having an issue with me taking the money. He claims that the father of my first son is sending me money as a way of trying to win me back over.

I know that is far from the truth and he’s only trying to make up for not helping me out for the past 12 years, but at the same time I know that my boyfriend feels intimidated.

If I stop taking the money we will end up in a difficult situation and my family will suffer. I am between a rock and a hard place. What should I do?                                                                                                                          


  1. Wow! You cannot stop taking the child support. 900 usd sounds a lot.i think you need to respect your boyfriends wishes and not accept more than is necessary to support the child. You should be using your sons child support money to look after your man and other pickney.